Calling all drummers
We have a wide choice of times and drum sessions for you. Most sessions welcome all levels of drummer.
For people who have already registered, no need to do it again. I’ll contact those who’ve registered a few days before the class.
If you are short of time, these two classes are both convenient drop-in classes. $10 a session, drums provided.
1. The Saturday early morning “Frame Drum Healing and Meditative Frame Drum Gathering” A good start to the weekend. 9:00 am to 10:00 am.
2. The Saturday Afternoon Drum Circle, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm. There are 5 different hosts this year so lots to choose your own style of joining in.
* NOTE: Please Register for any classes you plan to attend. Drums available to use at class. Although many classes are drop-in we need to keep track of space and drum needs. Thank you!
For all general programs, register with myself, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Youth Drum Collective register, with Marlene marlene, email@example.com
For Doumbek, register with, firstname.lastname@example.org
All classes $10 drop-in paid at time of class.
Supported Drum, $10 for first youth, $5 for each additional youth and toonie for support persons.
Youth Drumming Collective – $80.00 for Fall term and $120.00 for Winter / Spring term
Special Events: Contact Joanne for quote for workshops, celebrations, splurge groups, special events.
Instructors including Joanne, Marlene, and Vic deliver these events depending on your needs
Weekly Class Schedule Chart Below – Starting October 4
1. Introductory Djembe and Percussion Class, Saturday 1:45 – 2:45 p.m. Cost: $10.00/class. Drums available for use.
Including all the basics along with accessible rhythms and ensembles from around the world and learning how to improvise in Drum Circle settings.
2. Spirit of the Drum – Ignite the joy and solace of music.
Friday 10:30 am to 11:45 pm. Cost $10/class. Drums available to use.
Music is Awesome, filled with passion and positivity. Let busy thoughts flow away as the music flows in. We explore the interesting rhythms and ensembles of various world cultures, primarily with the Djembe drum and small percussion. Enjoy the practice of cooperation and collaboration as we play together to free creative power and self expression. Increase confidence through new skills and more enjoyment of music whether while playing or enjoying more knowledgeable listening.
3. Healing and Meditative Frame Drum, Saturday morning tune-up Saturday 9:00 am to 10:00 am. Cost $10/class, drums available to use.
Meditative Drumming covers many of the various uses of Frame drums, vibration and sound in Healing and Centering. It will touch on various teachers, authors, and others from the sound healing world including some shamanistic practices in drum, voice, and chant. This is not meant to be highly complex but a doorway into a new set of experiences and a time of shared relaxation with the vibrations of the drum. Focusing on “Our Authentic Selves” and not someone else’s image of who or what we should be. A voyage of drum relaxation, healing, and discovery. There is a lot of science and research connected with this and I will present some of that as well. Our main focus is to drum.
4. Saturday Drum Circles – These will feature five different facilitators. Saturday 3 – 4 p.m. Cost: $10 / class. Drums available for use.A drum circle allows us the opportunity to make music with others, in a sociable setting, feeling the rhythms and improvising.
HOSTS: October 5 – Vic Dyck/ October 12 – Muna Deciman/ October 19 – Joanne Crofford/ October 26 – Godknows Kumaseh/ November 2 – Vic Dyck/ November 9 – Muna Deciman/ November 16 – Marlene Hinz/ November 23 – Godknows Kumaseh/ November 30 – Joanne Crofford/ December 7 – No Classes this day/ December 14 – Marlene HInz/ December 21 – Solstice TBA
5. Youth, Student Classes – Saturday
YOUTH DRUMMING COLLECTIVE with Marlene Hinz
Students showing a real interest in learning more about the drum benefit from these classes. They will also get the opportunity to explore world rhythms in a creative and learning environment while developing communication skills and a sense of community while performing.
SUPPORTED DRUMMING with Joanne Crofford.
Students with learning or physical challenges are given the opportunity to create music in an inclusive setting. Youth participate in a supportive social group while increasing music, language and communication skills.
Participants must be accompanied by a support person.
(Boomtown has liability insurance and instructors have had police record checks.)
6. Teachers, and Community Facilitators – Djembe and Percussion Workshop The Drum Circle methodologySunday November 23 – 10:00 – 4:00 p.m.
LEARN BY DOING – the Drum Circle Methodolgy of learning to drum. Using the principles of group orchestration, students will expand self-awareness, being comfortable with their creativity, including the basic of music and music dynamics. This workshop will focus on freedom for the teacher and empowerment as students get more deeply involved in composition and improvisation of music based in language, rhythm and movement.
Cost: $100, handbook included. Can be billed to credit card, school or school district.
For more information contact email@example.com
7. Healing and Meditative Frame Drum Workshop, using vibration and sound to help ground our experiences. Sunday October 20, 10 to 3 pm Cost $50.00, drums provided to use. We will be exploring “life themes” going deeper into the content of Saturday classes.
Meditative Drumming covers many of the various uses of Frame drums in Healing and Centering.
It will touch on various teachers, authors, and others from the sound healing world including some shamanistic practices in drum, voice, and chant.
This is not meant to be highly complex but a doorway into a new set of experiences and a time of shared relaxation with the vibrations of the drum.
Focusing on “Our Authentic Selves” and not someone else’s image of who or what we should be.
A voyage of drum relaxation, healing, and discovery. There is a lot of science and research connected with this and I will present some of that as well. Our main focus is to drum.
Summary of Class Times and Dates- Classes Start OCT. 4
1. Adult – all levels
Spirit of the Drum
Djembe – Joanne Friday, 10:30-11:45 am
Healing and Meditative Drumming
Frame Drum – Joanne
Saturday, 9:00-10:00 pm
Adult Introductory Djembe
Joanne Saturday, 1:45 – 2:45 pm
Doumbek Circle and Traditional Rhythms
Vic Dyck – starts Oct. 6
Sunday, 12 – 1 pm – every two weeks
2. Youth Drum Collective
Senior Group 11-18 years
Drum experience Saturday, 11:30am-12:30pm
Apprentice Group 6-10 year
3. Supported Drum – Joanne Crofford – program is like Special Olympics, with drums.
Saturday, 10:30-11:15 am
4. Drum Circles – various facilitators host weekly – posted on Web Site and Facebook
Weekly, Saturday, 3:00 – 4:00 pm
5. Teacher and Community Drum Workshops
Healing Drum and Frame drum Workshop
Sunday, October 20, 10 am to 3 pm
Teacher and Community Facilitator, Workshop-Learn By Doing, Drum Circle Methodology
Sunday, Nov. 23 10:00 – 4:00 pm
* To book School workshops with any of our experienced Boomtown clinicians please contact Joanne or Instructor directly.
Suggestions for sessions:
class period / half day / full day / practicums / special events/ all meeting curricular outcomes.
6. Special Events – Parties, conferences, anniversaries, celebrations, cultural days, arts curriculum focus, as requested – Quotes provided
7. Drum Sales – Boomtown specializes in school drums, Orff, access to all suppliers including EMPIRE and GROOVEMASTER. Our specialists are experienced in Will Schmidt World Music, ORFF, Drum Circle Facilitation, and Therapeutic Drum Programming. We can advise on the best and most affordable instruments that will meet your needs and take a beating.
Quote: “Of all the Music Stores we supply to, Boomtown drums has the most knowledgeable staff on World drums for musicians, schools, and community” . . . Supplier
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Marlene Hinz will consult on ORFF in your school.
For assistance in selecting what you need and providing a timely cost estimate.
More Info: Website www.boomtowndrums.com
Facebook: Boomtown Drums